What happens next
A decision on the application for a Development Consent Order for Stafford Area Improvements - Norton Bridge Railway was taken on 31 March 2014 and has now been issued.
The period for legal challenge is defined in s118 of the Planning Act 2008. Further information about legal challenge can be found in the letter sent to all Interested Parties accompanying the Secretary of State’s decision and statement of reasons.
If you have any queries about the process please email the Planning Inspectorate at email@example.com or telephone the helpline on 0303 444 5000.
Timeline (32 items)
The Secretary of State has granted development consent for this application. For further information please refer to the following decision documentation:
Secretary of State’s decision letter and statement of reasons
Development Consent Order as made by the Secretary of State
Planning Inspectorate’s notification of decision letter
Examining Authority’s report to the Secretary of State
Correspondence received after the close of the examination – Katie Hill
Correspondence received after the close of the examination – Natural England (badger licence)
Correspondence received after the close of the examination – BDB on behalf of Network Rail
The Examining Authority’s recommendation report has been sent to the Secretary of State for Transport.
A decision will be made on or before 3 April 2014.
The examination has now closed. There will now be a period of 3 months for the Examining Authority to consider and make a recommendation to the Secretary of State.
10 October 2013 – Deadline for receipt by the ExA of responses to the ExA’s request for further information issued on 04 October 2013
2 October 2013 – Deadline for receipt by the Examining Authority on the revised version of the final draft development consent order.
18 September 2013 – Deadline for receipt by the ExA of:
– comments on responses to any further written questions; and
– any written summary of the oral cases put at the second DCO hearing
An agenda has been published for the development consent order issue specific hearing on Wednesday 11 September 2013
Wednesday 4 September 2013 – Deadline for receipt by the Examining Authority of:
– the final draft Development Consent Order; and
– responses to the Examining Authority’s second round of written questions.
Thursday 29 August – Deadline for receipt by the ExA of RIES consultation responses.
Comments on the draft Development Consent Order have been received from Stafford Borough Council
Wednesday 14 August 2013 – Deadline for receipt by the ExA of comments on responses to the ExA’s request for further information issued on 26 June 2013
The Examining Authority has issued a second round of questions and consultation on the matrices to inform the Report on the Implications for European Sites.
The following have been published:
– Responses to the further information requested by the Examining Authority
– Updated draft development consent order submitted 31 July 2013
– Documents submitted following the compulsory acquisition hearing
– Documents submitted following the ecology and landscape issue specific hearing
Deadline for receipt by the Examining Authority of:
– Any written summary of the oral cases put at the compulsory acquisition hearing
– Any written summary of the oral cases put at the open floor hearing
Wednesday 7 August 2013
Next deadline is 31 July:
– Deadline for receipt by the Examining Authority of responses to the request for further information issued on 26 June 2013
Hearing agendas have been published for:
– Compulsory acquisition hearing on 23 July
– Ecology and landscape issue specific hearing on 24 July
The following have been published:
– Comments on the Local Impact Report
– Staffordshire County Council’s written summary of their oral case at the DCO hearing
– Network Rail’s submission on the use of oral questioning at the compulsory acquisition and issue specific hearings
The next events are the compulsory acquisition hearing on Tuesday 23 July and the issue specific hearing on landscape and ecology matters on Wednesday 24 July.
Next deadline is 3 July:
– Comments on LIRs
– Any written summary of the oral cases put at the DCO hearing
– Submissions as to whether there should be oral questioning by another person at any compulsory acquisition or issue specific hearings (if these are to be held)
See the examination timetable for a list of examination deadlines.
The following documents have been published:
Agenda for the development consent order issue specific hearing
Notification of the compulsory acquisition hearing
Notification of an issue specific hearing on landscape and ecology matters
The following have now been published:
– Statements of Common Ground
– Local Impact Report
– Comments on relevant and written representations
– Comments on responses to the Examining Authority’s first written questions
– Draft DCO
Written representations and responses to the Examining Authority’s first written questions have been published.
The Examining authority has issued a letter with details of the open floor hearing, issue specific hearings in relation to the DCO and details of the accompanied site visit
The examination timetable (Rule 8 letter) has been sent to interested parties
Procedural decision following Preliminary Meeting
- Preliminary Meeting takes place
- Examination begins