Applicants are charged for:
- Applications for authorisation under sections 52 and 53 of the Planning Act 2008, obtaining information about interests in land and rights of entry
- Venue costs, where the Applicant does not provide a venue for a hearing
- A fee to accompany the application (the ‘Acceptance fee’)
- An initial payment in respect of the handling of an application (payable at the beginning of the Examination stage, following the Preliminary Meeting)
- A final payment in respect of the handling of an application (payable on completion of the Examination stage)
Fee Charges from 1 April 2020
The table below shows the fees payable from 1 April 2020 for existing and new applications.The Infrastructure Planning (Fees) Regulations 2010 and subsequent amendments can be viewed at legislation.gov.uk
Fee in respect of applications for authorisation under sections 52 and 53
A request for authorisation under section 52(2) (information about interests in land). £1,609
A request for authorisation under section 53(1) (rights of entry). £1,609
Fee in respect of venue costs
Where the applicant does not provide a venue for a hearing to be held, the Planning Inspectorate may charge a fee in respect of the reasonable costs it incurs in respect of that hearing, or where the hearing has been arranged but does not take place, the costs reasonably incurred in respect of those arrangements. The Applicant will be notified of the amount of the fee
Fee to accompany application
The Planning Inspectorate must charge the Applicant a fee in respect of the decision by the Secretary of State under section 55 (Acceptance of applications) whether or not to accept the application. The fee must accompany the application. £7,227
Following a decision under section 61 (Initial choice of Panel or single Inspector) the Planning Inspectorate must notify the Applicant in writing of the Pre-examination fee. The Pre-examination fee is:-
*Initial payment in respect of the handling of an application
The fee payable is dependent upon the number of days estimated to be required for examining the application and the number of Inspectors handling the application.
Final payment in respect of the handling of an application
Following notification of the completion of the Examination stage under section 99.
The final payment is dependent on the number of days actually required for the examination:-
*Less the initial payment
Details of fees for applications submitted before 1 April 2020 are on our archive fees page.