The Planning Act 2008 requires us to publish on this website information relating to any application for development consent, including completed representation forms. The forms are also held as a hard copy and will be available for any member of the public to view together with all other application documents. You should not include personal information about other people (or information which may indirectly identify other people) on representation forms unless they consent to the information being supplied.
- only use the personal information you provide for the purposes of dealing with and considering the application for development consent;
- only hold this information for as long as reasonably required; and
- remove personal details, for example telephone numbers, addresses, email addresses and signatures before publication on our website (although these details will remain on our register as required by the Planning Act 2008).
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
You can manage these small files yourself and learn more about them through “Internet browser cookies – what they are and how to manage them”
Cookies for improving service
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. This to ensure that the service is available when you want it and fast.
|Name of cookie||Typical content||Expires|
|_utma||Randomly generated number||2 years|
|_utmb||Randomly generated number||30 minutes|
|_utmc||Randomly generated number||When user exits browser|
|_utmz||Randomly generated number and info on how the site was reached (e.g. directly or via a link, organic search or paid search)||6 months|
For further details on the cookies set by Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Code website
The site also stores several cookies to remember your font size and site colour preferences.
|Name of cookie||Contents||Expires||Note|
|ipc_scale||a number representing the user-selected text size||When user exits browser||created when the 'larger/smaller text' links at the top of any page are used. we hope to reduce this to a single cookie for the whole site soon.|
|ipc_contrast||either "on" or "off" reflecting the user's selection of 'high contrast' mode||When user exits browser||created for each page visited. we hope to reduce this to a single cookie for the whole site soon.|