Register of advice

The list below is a record of advice the Planning Inspectorate has provided in respect of the Planning Act 2008 process.

There is a statutory duty under section 51 of the Planning Act 2008 to record the advice that is given in relation to an application or a potential application and to make this publicly available. Advice we have provided is recorded below together with the name of the person or organisation who asked for the advice and the project it relates to. The privacy of any other personal information will be protected in accordance with our Information Charter which you should view before sending information to the Planning Inspectorate.

Note that after a project page has been created for a particular application, any advice provided that relates to it will also be published under the ‘s51 advice’ tab on the relevant project page.

Advice given between between 1 October 2009 and 14 April 2015 has been archived. View the archived advice.

Enquiry received via email

Cambridge Waste Water Treatment Plant Relocation View all advice for this project

23 October 2020
Nigel Seamarks


Hi Liam ; I believe Anglian Water have misled the public regarding the status of the application based on your reply. AW refuse to explain the 500,000 population so not particularly being helpful. See extract from the project website..which clearly states it is a NSIP already ?

Advice given

Dear Nigel, Thank you for your response. If the application for the Cambridge Waste Water sewage works is submitted to the Planning Inspectorate, one of the factors the Secretary of State will consider under section 55 of PA2008 is whether or not the application meets that criteria. It is for the applicant to demonstrate that they have met the relevant thresholds. If you have concerns about the Applicant’s pre-application consultation you should contact the Applicant in the first instance to enable them to address the issues. If you have contacted the developer but you are not satisfied that they have, or will, take account of your comments you can make your comments to the relevant local authority. The local authority can consider them as part of their Adequacy of Consultation Representation submission to the Planning Inspectorate (on behalf of the Secretary of State) at the application stage of the process. Further information about Community Consultation can be found here: attachment 1 I hope that information is helpful and let me know if you have any further questions?

attachment 1
attachment 1
attachment 2
attachment 2